Why should you consider green home building or remodeling?
What are the advantages to building a green home?
Building A Green Home
Here's why you'll want to consider green home building.
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Are you interested in building a safe haven for yourself and for those you love?
- Would you be interested to learn how building a green home can save you money year after year for as long as you live in your home?
- Would you like to help preserve our natural resources while living in a comfortable, energy-efficient dwelling?
- Did you know that by building a green house you may increase both the appraised value and the potential resale value of your dream home? Does this possibility capture your attention?
If the answer to any of the above questions is yes, then you will be interested in learning about the advantages of green building.
Energy Efficient Home Design
In Green Home Building
Green home building is all about energy efficient home design, resource conservation, and healthy living and breathing for you and your family.
There is a growing national and international trend towards green building. Even the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) has a set of guidelines developed especially for green house building. In fact, the preface to the guidelines states that: "By the end of 2007, more than half of NAHB's members, who build more than 80% of the homes in this country, will be incorporating green practices into the development, design, and construction of new homes."
Because of heightened interest in building green homes, new materials and systems are being developed and refined, costs
are becoming more competitive, and the ears of many builders are beginning to perk up.
Even though this is all good news, particularly for those of us who want to build a green home or addition, there are a
few caution flags on the horizon. Be sure you are well acquainted with these caution flags before you interview prospective builders or purchase materials or systems for your home.
Why Use Green Building Materials?
Here are a few good reasons to use green building materials in your new home project:
lower your energy bill/consumption
* lessen our dependence on foreign oil
preserve precious resources
* follow the national/international trend towards green living
* enjoy better health and well-being
protect your lungs and respiratory system
strengthen the immune systems of both yourself and your children
prevent/recover from chemically induced allergies
* enjoy higher value/resale value of your home
I invite you to explore this website and come back often - please bookmark and share with your friends the benefits of building green!