Small Basement Ideas
Do you need small basement ideas? Are you wondering if your basement is worth remodeling because of its limited square footage?
Actually, there are advantages to having a small basement - not the least of which is that it will likely cost less to remodel than a bigger area!
There are hints, though, to making even a small basement look bigger, so let's dive in and see what you can imagine for your future miniature getaway.
I myself had to envision and then make plans to implement small basement ideas, because my current home is rather small and cozy. So I know what I'm talking about! Here are some ideas that can make your small basement big in terms of functionality.
Do you have a basement bedroom that seems tiny? Here's what you can do to make it more spacious.
* Paint the walls in light colors (mine is pale yellow) to make the room appear larger. A white ceiling with good lighting is best
* Get a combo bunk bed and futon so your teen can both sleep and hang out with friends in the same space.
* Purchase a dresser that is higher vertically than horizontally. This will take up less wall space than the wider variety.
* Build shelves into the closet - as many as you can! In my son's bedroom, I had multiple shelves built with just a short rod below one of them for the few clothes he hangs. Boy, has that storage been a Godsend!
Small Basement Living Room
Mancave, or Rec Room Ideas
* Create just one focal point - such as a wide screen TV, and then adapt seating to face that.
* Consider a wrap around couch that provides a lot of seating but doesn't clutter the look of your small space.
* The fewer the large furniture items in your small room, the bigger it will look.
----> Store things neatly and avoid clutter to keep from that claustrophobic feeling! For Part 2, go to More Small Basement Ideas!
Go from Small Basement Ideas to Basement Ideas
Basement Finishing Ideas